Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ratatat @ Fun Fun Fun Fest 2009



I wanted to see the Jesus Lizard, reunited, in all their pure noise, insane live show glory. However, for reasons that are too hard (and embarrassing) to explain, I wound up seeing Ratatat instead. *Sigh*. Still, I tried to make the best out a situation like this, and tried to enjoy the show the best I could. I am not a fan of instrumental music, but Ratatat managed to the make the show as interesting as possible for someone like me. The put up a screen which broad casted everything from insane lights, psychedelic visuals, and a weird Rambo rip-off movie, with everything in between. Not to mention the light show these guys put on was pretty awe inspiring. The crowd also seemed to pull out their hidden glow stick reserve for the show, just to added to the trippy effect. The problem is that as fun as this was (and it was, because you don't normally get to see some one crowd surf to instrumental music,) you had to be pretty high to fully enjoy it. And with no one handing out free samples, and this being my first time seeing/really listening to them, the set was only good. Plus if you stared to long, it induced lite seizures.



























The Crowd





No comments:

Post a Comment