Sunday, March 28, 2010

SXSW 2010: Real Estate at Red 7 (3/17/10)



OK, I will be the first to admit I have not been on "chillwave" bandwagon that practically all my fellow blogs seemed to jump on last year. Something about the genre was always giving me the wrong vibes, and nothing about it came off as or sounded authentic. However, SXSW has always been about experiencing something new and I've enjoyed the few Real Estate tracks I've heard. As I'm sure you can tell where this is going, the show was blissfully great. Something about just getting out of the cold Texas winter and seeing this band just sweep you away with pure reverb that formed some very good songs a well, creating practically the best feel good vibe ever. The funniest part of the set was when the band pulled a Low move and asked the tech to turn down their instruments. I was ready to like the set, but after the band was done, I was ready to buy everything from these guys. Man, have I been missing out.









No comments:

Post a Comment