Sunday, April 11, 2010

SXSW 2010: Best Coast @ Emo's (3/19/10)



Well, I finally put my money where my mouth was. On the third (and my final) day of SXSW, I went to the incredibly crowded Pitchfork party at Emo’s and saw Best Coast live in person. It was not a pleasant experience to get there, waiting in a 30 minute line to get into Emo’s, which anyone can tell you at full capacity is horribly cramped. Yet it was all worth it to get to see them live. The band was really able to send out the same laid back vibe that is embedded in their music into the crowd. And it pretty much made my festival when I got to see “Sun Was High (So Was I)” live. Plus, the band previewed some new tunes from their upcoming debut LP like “Boyfriend” that sounded even more catchy then the tunes they have out now, if that is even possible. Completely worth seeing them, even if one of my shoes got semi-soaked in beer because of it.









No comments:

Post a Comment