Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weekend-Hazel


This is a mild secret, but I have resolved to not let a single Weekend song that passes by me. After passing by all the announcements for Sports, only to ignore it, only to have my head blown apart (figuratively and slightly literally) after one listen to "Coma Summer", I am just reminded of the wonders that is the entire shoegaze genre. Proof in point with "Hazel", a new song off their upcoming Red EP. It's slightly less...intense and static infused than their previous songs, but that is the nature of band evolution and I mean that last statement in the best way possible. The result being sort of Weekend's version of a Pixie song, using distortion and blasts of feedback to create a back and forth that morph them from My Bloody Valentine comparisons to The Jesus and Mary Chain.


Links:

Weekend on Facebook
Pre-order Red here, from Slumberland Records

No comments:

Post a Comment