Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Video: Marshall Trotter-(I Need To Be With) Someone Like You



I've never been big on summer nostalgia. Maybe it's because I don't like the season (heat drives me insane), but all the sentiment and love behind summer has always rubbed me the wrong way. Still, even with this disposition, those emotions started bubbling inside when I saw Marshall Trotter's video for "(I Need To Be With) Someone Like You". I think it's juxtaposition that works so well. "(I Need To Be With) Someone Like You" is a beautifully melancholy song, a simple two minutes of longing for some one not unlike how No Demons Here used to, with just a distorted guitar and a simple beat to propel it. So to hear that placed side by side old, vintage movie clips showcasing the joy of summer, the song and video hit hard. In equal measures it manages to not only show the wonder of summer, but the sadness it can bring as well.



Links:

Marshall Trotter´s Facebook
Buy the Small Trobles cassette here, from Mirror Universe Tapes

No comments:

Post a Comment